Location: Runic Castle
soloable by 1 hero or archon, recommended with good AR and vitals. If you are a hero you will need very high damage to overcome his high regen rate. Another player, even a 180 would be helpful to add enough damage. He doesn't hit that hard.
Boss Kill: The Knight, Sir Tristan
counts as a boss kill for level 241 and under.
: standard repop time, no hibernation
Standard reagent and mem check.
Tristan is found in the runic castle. It's best to fight him in Agrippa's room, since it's no-magic and Tristan often webs immediately upon engaging in combat. Tristan casts a variety of spells including web, faerie fire, curse, blind and weaken.
Standard boss combat strategy applies; flee when low, heal up with magic, step in and attack again, flee when low, heal up, repeat. He can be spelled up fully with standard debuff spells. If you have someone with you that's a psionic, you can hopefully catch him outside the room, spell him up with plague, poison, weaken, faerie fire, curse and other spells other than web, and spook him into the no-magic room.
You sense the following:
The knight, Sir Tristan is a level 350 human aligned with Gath, the Power of Fire.
The knight, Sir Tristan is immune to poison.
The knight, Sir Tristan is affected by the following magical affects:
* 'Sanctuary', cast at level 350.
* 'Fireshield', cast at level 350.
* 'Sense Life', cast at level 350.
* 'Detect Invisibility', cast at level 350.
- I found a trick that makes him follow you no matter what: dispel him, then spell him up with whatever you have. Then enter combat, stay for one round then flee in a direction towards Agrippa. As long as you hit him in that round, he will automatically follow you when you flee. However, you then need to keep fleeing, so stay on your toes as he will keep trying to web you. So to reiterate, attack tristan, wait 1 second (so you actually hit him), then flee towards agrippa, then keep fleeing as he will keep pursuing you over and over as long as he hits you. Once you get into agrippas room he will stop pursuing and you can flee to heal as normal. If he webs you be ready to calm. - Harly
- Another quick note, you don't actually have to flee one room at a time. Once he is in chase mode, he will follow you and track you down from several rooms away. Remember that once you have him in Lord Agrippa's room, fleeing north while in combat with him will prevent him from following as that room is no-mob. Keeping a roomshield west of Agrippa also is handy. - Passive
Tristan drops a few pieces of standard gear, a small steel mace, and a tablet of ogre history used in the Jojo