Still a work in progress, but now last updated 12/12/2018!
Welcome to Lasler and enjoy your stay! Although do keep in mind you'll be kicked out by level 20 with no chance of returning! With tomes of experiences, several marks as well as 6 boss kills available, it can be easy to accidentally level too fast before you finish all the content inside. To take the scenic route and experience everything, we recommend you finish all the quests early and then work on taking down the bosses.
Things to keep in mind
- If you notice a A small blue pixie dances about without a care in the world. or a A small reddish pixie flutters about without a care in the world. kill them as they hold jewels for the Marble Statue boss.
- Be on the lookout for the message about the pebbly galeb duhr arriving to the caverns as its not always there.
- There is a miss-able bed for Mark of Opulence in Lasler. Find it in a room next to Irvin. All you need to is "type sleep bed" to get credit.
EARLY LEVEL WALKTHROUGH
- Set autoloot, autosac and autosplit on, combat aim torso, combat defense auto
- Go to The Equipment Hall (4 north) and get armor rack and wear it. It will turn into appropriate gear for your class (differs just in name, not effect?)
As you take the armor from the rack, it glows with a brilliant white light, reforming into _________
- Go to Beardstratis to practice skills; make sure you practice the suggested weapon/spells (at least one) to 75% and then he will let you pass (5n from entrance, 1n from previous step)
- Go 2n and kill a rat or a lion. Go n, 2w to get a cheap glass sextant
- Get the Mark of Expedition (down, north)
- Follow road north to village of Lasler , making sure to trigger “A grieving mother”, “A novice lutomancer” , and “a down-on-her-luck ogre gypsy”. The mother wants her daughter’s portrait back, the novice lutomancer wants a rag doll and the gypsy wants 3 gaudy gypsies dead. These parts will be done later in the guide. You might also trigger a preacher of Gath, if you do, sayto preacher I would like to help to start it. He will give you the achievement quest The Four Towers (3089) and a mica fan. However don’t finish the mini yet!
- Get the Mark of Return (Walking to the room right outside the south entrance of Lasler)
- Go 1n and complete a phase for the achievement quest Onwards to Lasler Village (3091)
- Go west, north and look pincer to get achievement quest Atrascus, Scourge of Lasler Valley (3088)
- Go to recall, go west, south, west and get one of each reagent key if you are a mage or cleric class.
- Go to recall, walk in and out (8w, s, e) to visit Rufus and complete another phase for the achievement quest Onwards to Lasler Village (3091) and also get two more achievement quests: The Lasler Valley (3092) and The Trial of Youth (3090).
- Go to Fin Stonespit (w, n, w) and purchase a weapon appropriate for your class and equip it. Look cart for more info. This weapon is level-adjust itself and has a limit of less than or equal to level 30 to use. So this weapon is good for you until level 30. However do note that the weapons from Tolin's weapon shop do more damage when you are lower than level 10.
- Go to Irvin (3w, 2n and scan) to finish the achievement quest Onwards to Lasler Village (3091). Type quest complete 3091. He’ll give you an intricate pocketwatch. You are now level 2!
- Go to Hall of Training to use new found practices (recall, west, north, open north, north (magical skills) and east for non-magic skills))
- Optional - Check caverns for free items and gold
- +agility crystal necklace (wearable starting level 3)
- (recall, west, north, 5 west, 6 north, northeast, 4 north, 3 east, 2 north, 2 west, 9 north, 3 east, 2 north, east, south, open cupboard, get key cupboard, unlock chest, open chest, get necklace chest)
- 3000 gold ~
- from crystal necklace location, north, east, north, north, 2 west, 2 north, down, 4 east, 5 south, 4 east, 2 north, 5 east, 3 north, down, 2 south, 2 west, 4 south, east, light lantern, south, open barrel, get gold barrel)
- Spend that 500 gold (or 3.5k if you got the gold in the barrel).
- Armor to consider purchasing (optional):
- Cavern breastplate, +1 vitality, 300 gp
- Copper armbands, +1 wisdom, 375 gp.
- A pair of leather trews, +1 agility, 400 gp
- A head casque, +1 knowledge, 350 gp
- A dwarven girdle, +1 strength
- Get a vampire’s cape (+1 knowledge) (Recall, 2 west, down, south)
- Kill the fey thief, fleeing if needed and loot the fortune bones.
- Give the bones to Irvin (recall, west, north, 4 west, 2 north, east, north, east, east) and complete another phase 4 of The Lasler Valley (3092).
- Get the wedding band (+2 strength, +1 vitality for males, +2 strength, +1 wisdom for females) and complete phase 3 of The Lasler Valley (3092).
- Male characters:
- Go to Devon’s shop and buy “A wisp of fog” (recall, west, north, 5 west, south, shop buy 7).
- Give the fog to the caretaker (3 north, west, wanders about this area)
- Female characters:
- Go to Devon’s shop and buy “A purple flower” (recall, west, north, 5 west, south, shop buy 3).
- Give the flower to the caretaker’s wife (3 north, west, wanders about this area)
- Spellcaster classes: go west, south, west of recall to get reagent keys, and a spellweaver’s amulet (reduces SP cost of spells by 60% initially, but this amount reduces every time you level).
- Optional – Get 2 opal bracelets (+1 sanity each) (Recall, west, north, 5 west, 4 north)
- Check caverns for a second mushroom (2 north, northeast, 4 north, 3 east, 2 north, east)
- Give the mushroom(s) to Irvin (recall, west, north, 4 west, 2 north, east, north, east, east)
- Optional – Get 2 rag dolls (+1 or 2 courage each) from killing little brats in the cavern (recall, west, north, 5 west, 6 north, northeast, 4 north, in that area)
Try to get the Mark of Orienteering as early as you can as it rewards around 20 practices which you can use.
Mark of Orienteering:
- Find the preacher of Gath along the road in the VMAP. He will say something to you, prompting you to sayto preacher I would like to help. Wait till he gives you a mica fan. Pull out the sextant from your backpack. Go to coordinates [38,12] by looking at the sextant periodically as you move. Move north and go up wait till you receive a watering can. You will also complete a phase for the achievement quest The Four Towers (3089).
- Go back down and south and head to coordinates [28, 58]. Move east and go up and wait till you get the gossamer kite. You will complete another phase for the achievement quest The Four Towers (3089).
- To complete the next two phases of quest 3089, go back down and west and head to coordinates [95, 48]. Go east and up and wait till you receive the tinder box. Go back down and head to coordinates [53, 84] then go south, up.
- Go visit the preacher of Gath on the high road where you found him then quest complete 3089 to complete the achievement quest and receive the Mark of Orienteering.
- If you didn’t do the Mark of Orienteering, kill footpads, little brats or caretakers until you level. Completing the Mark of Orienteering will complete a phase of yet another achievement quest, The Lasler Valley (3092).
- Practice skills in hall of training
- You can now wear the crystal necklaces found in the caverns (location described above)
- You can also now wear bronze wrist guards which give +1 ar each which is quite useful
- Continue to kill things until level 4
- At this point, it might be a good idea to start preparing for the Youth trial. Completing that will allow you to start the Mark of Wisdom which would net 50ish practices. You’ll probably level whilst preparing so you’d actually be around level 5 or 6 when trying the actual trial, giving mages 40-45 hp, thieves around 48-56 hp and fighters around 64-75 hp to work with.
- I’d suggest to get the green leaf first. This leaf will allow you to get the gold one as well (in case there are more than one person getting the leaves).
Go to the cemetery (from recall, west, north, 5 west, 2 north, west) and push pile to uncover an exit down. Go down and kill the zombie, fleeing up if needed (give yourself a 10 hp buffer). You will complete phase 2 of The Trial of Youth (3090).
- From the zombie room, go back up. Then head east, 4 north, northeast, 4 north, 3 east, 2 north, 2 west, 9 north, 3 east, 2 north, 2 east, 2 north, 2 west, 2 north, down, 4 east, 5 south, 4 east, 2 north, 5 east, 3 north, down, 2 south, 2 west, 4 south, 2 east, north, 2 east, north.
- Kill the dryad there for the red leaf - or give it a water skin and also complete phase 1 of The Trial of Youth (3090).
- You should be at least 4000 exp to next level
- If you’re feeling adventurous enough, you can attempt to get the gold leaf now. Beware though, the dragon could easily kill you if you don’t have a lot of hp. If you would rather wait to level 5 or 6, so you have more hp, kill brats, footpads, villagers and caretakers till you level. (There are stuff in the caverns which award more exp but at the moment the max exp you can receive is 1000 exp and so it seems like a waste to kill these harder NPCs.
- To get the gold leaf, go west, north, 8 east, 4 south, southwest, southeast, south, west, southeast, 2 west, southwest, north, northwest, east, northeast, north, southwest, west, north. Flee in the appropriate direction if you don’t want to fight the devious imps. At this point be on your wits, as the dragon might be around. Look in the direction before moving. Go 2 west, and you should be right before a dark exit to the west. If you have infravision, you might be able to see if the dragon is there or not. Alternatively if you see the message “You hear the flapping of wings and a shrill cry!” it means that the dragon just left the area and it is safe. Anyway, make sure you have a light on, and venture into the cave to the west and quickly type “get all.gold” and go back east (or flee east if the dragon attacks).
From here go southeast, south, southwest, north, southeast, south, southeast.
- Note: IF the dragon ends up exiting the cave and is sitting right outside it, after you pick up the gold and the golden leaf, go south instead of east. Wait a while and the ledge should break. From here, go east
- Go 2 southeast, northeast, 2 east, northwest, west, north, northeast, south, east, north, northeast, northeast, south, east. Say either “Wisdom”, “knowledge”, or “words”. The leaves are actually orbs, and the golden one will cast haste up to five times. WARNING: using up the charges on the golden one will mean you have to get a new golden leaf so just use 4! Then go 3 south and northwest to begin the trial. You will now be teleported to a room with 3 exits, northwest, north and northeast. Each one has a different NPC. On difficulty scales, the trial of the thief is the easiest, followed by the mage and then the warrior. Special note: The NPC in the mage trial is immune to weapons so you have to find other ways of damaging it via spells or if you’re a dracon, breathing fire.
- After completing the trial you will receive some experience and go north to recieve a manual and the Mark of Youth!
- This will complete the first phase of The Lasler Valley (3092).
- Note: You can now wear octarine pendants if you have a friend who can get some for you in Rune (+2 wisdom and +2 strength each).
- If you finished the Youth trial, recall, then go west, and wait. This is the start for the Mark of Wisdom.
- You will be teleported and go north. There will be a obelisk that has runes that will light up when the statues west and east of it are the correct colour. Example below:
- Two runes on a large obsidian obelisk glow brightly.
- Moving into the room will change the color of that statue. Example below:
- The hue of an unusual obelisk's glow begins to waver.
- An unusual obelisk glows blue.
- When you eventually get all four of the obelisk colours right, the middle one will have four runes glow and a door will open. Example below:
- The large obsidian obelisk begins to shine blindingly brightly
- You hear a grating noise as a door is opened in front of you.
- Be quick and move north or else the door will close shortly and the obelisk colours will randomize.
- You hear a grating noise as the stone door slides closed.
- Getting the Mark of Wisdom will complete the second phase of The Lasler Valley (3092).
- Optional – kill thunder demons and escaped hellhounds in the cavern to get lingering evil spirits. Give these to Irvin and get 500 gold for each one.
- Follow the Atrascus The King Crab guide to complete the phases in the quest Atrascus, Scourge of Lasler Valley (3088) and get the Mark of Celebrity.
- Once that is done, all phases of The Lasler Valley (3092) will be complete. Go to Irvin and quest complete 3092. You will get 15k gold and 50 quest points. If quest 3088 is complete, also turn that in.
- Note: You can now leave Lasler via the north exit should you wish to go to Rune to purchase equipment.
General advice for bosses:
- Keep in mind it is very easy to double level off of each boss kill so plan ahead so you don't accidently get kicked out of Lasler for being too high level!
- Suggested order is Atrascus first, Marble Statue/the Forest Guardian/pebbly galeb duhr, Beltan Knight-errant, and Red Dragon last.
- If you are lower than level 10 you resurrect instantly in the schoolhouse. You can take advantage of this by zerging a boss. Fight till you die, resurrect instantly (don't forget to wear all) and recall to Shrine to quickly make your way back to the boss to resume fighting it again.
- The leaves for the Trial of Youth can still be obtained after you complete it. They are actually orbs with useful spells particularly the gold one which gives haste.
- If you hang around Brother Rufus at recall, he may cast shield on you randomly, granting +9 ar temporarily. Take advantage of this!
- If you walk into Telgan’s Tavern, the bartender may randomly ask for a sweet fruit or something. Find a strawberry and give it to him to get roughly 300 XP.
- If you want to try easy crystal quests to get some quick levels and gold, Taramine can give you crystal quests restricted to Lasler Valley.
- You can give heads to geists for exp.
You give the head of a nomad to a geist.
A geist says 'mmMMmmMMmmMMmm.'
'Brraaaaiiiinns!' a geist exclaims.
A geist noisily sucks the brains out of the head of a nomad.
You feel more evil.
You gain 510 experience points!
- There are two level 242 accessible areas in Lasler. One is a east from Garnor in the Hall of Training. The other is a behind a locked door west of the retired wizard. Although locked, the door can be passed through via pass door or steam invocation, but alas it still remains inaccessible to mortals.