Materia Magica has an extensive build system, where players can obtain or purchase Build Points (roots for clan halls) and use them to independently construct player homes and clan halls.
We strongly recommend that you visit the Free Build area in Rune where you can practice building without spending any BP or roots. The Free Build area is located 4 west, 1 north from the east gate in Rune.
Build Commands Overview
The basic commands for all building are the same regardless of the type of home or hall being built.
Homes may be built at the following locations:
Sepharia: * Rune
* New Rigel
Auryn: * Sigil
Beltane: * Pirate's Cove
Avros: * Tellerium
Sigil Underground: * Genauras
* Bandit Camp
Underground: * Decara
Faerie Plane: None.
Condos are convenient houses which cannot be broken into. Condoes exist in all areas which already had housing. One must recall into a condo to enter.
You can recall home to a home from nearly anywhere in Alyria, the Sigil Underground or Underground (ie Vir, Decara, Sea Hag, etc), but you cannot recall home from the void or Faerie Plane. If you own multiple homes, you can switch the house that you will recall to by typing "recall list" then choosing "recall list #" to select the home to set as your primary recall. Doing this costs up to $30k for each switch, depending on your level.
Note: some zones and rooms have a no-recall flag, meaning you cannot recall from the zone/room. A prime example of this would be New Kolvir, which is entirely no-recall.
Helpful Home Building Tips:
More helpful tips to come!
- Available lots are indicated by a green $. You must stand next to the $, then build info lot <direction> to see the details about that particular lot.
- Type build info room while standing inside a previously built room to view all details of that room including flags, doors, sectors, exits and labels.
- To view the current set of keys for a built home/hall, type build info keys to view all keys including owners and key numbers.
- You can set your door to default to the LOCKED or UNLOCKED position by toggling this door flag on/off. When the area repops, the door will reset to the default flag. Type build info door flag <direction> to see the info about a door. Then build set door flag <direction> <flag>
- If you lose your key, be sure to destroy it immediately by going to your room, and typing build info keys then build delete key # You can create a new key by typing build add key <name>.
- If you do not have a pouch, trunk or keyring to store your key safely, you can set your door to be UNLOCKED at all times, but in doing so you run the risk of players visiting your home and taking anything you have in it.
- Be careful when creating room labels. Establish a sensical system before you begin building. It is helpful to draw out a map of your intended design with each room labeled with a one word label. By establishing a labeling system, you can keep track of which rooms are which, and establish your room exits and doors correctly. When creating a room exit or door, you must specify which room label that exit/door is connecting to.
- The build system is NOT LINEAR. It does not have to make logical sense. Room connections rely on room labeling - they do NOT follow a logical grid-like pattern. A room with a south and east exits, does not mean that the south room is necessarily "southwest" of the east room unless specifically told to connect to the east room via a label.
Home Building Points Costs
Clan Hall Building Root Costs
Edit: Aug 10, 2018 : Build Furniture using BP added -- per change #6415